Resolute in Punishment Zombie Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resolute in Punishment Zombie Roleplay

[RIP] Clan for Gmod

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New IP address: 69.127.132.41:27015 Now get in there and play!!!

Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?

Go down 
+2
Templar66
Major StarKiller1979
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Major StarKiller1979
Admin
Admin
Major StarKiller1979

Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:19 am

Hello my fellow [RIP]ers,

Let me first start out by saying how much I have enjoyed every minute of gaming with you and treasure your loyalty to the [RIP] clan. I know each and every one of you will have heavy hearts after reading this letter and understanding why I have come to this decision. I really do regret making this choice, but see no other course of action.

I have basically decided that I will be stepping down as owner and leader of the [RIP] clan. This decision has been bugging me for the last couple of weeks and I have constantly gone back and forth over this situation. I have even had a long discussion with my wife on whether or not this is a bad decision. It so happens that my personal life is out weighting my gaming life. Being married with 2 growing boys takes up most of my life as of late. With my 5 yr old son going to Kindergarten this year, his time at home is time that he needs our (his parents) guidance which leaves me no time in the afternoons to divide my attention. My other son (4 months now) is rolling over on to his front, which means he will soon be crawling and moving around here within the next months. Keeping track of him will take a great deal of my attention, so that 1. he's not getting into places where he's not supposed to be and 2. keeping him from putting certain things in his mouth, which means keeping the house clean. I know some of you will understand this, seeing that y'all have younger siblings to deal with and know where I'm coming from. It's just so hard to find time to game on top of taking care of the boys and work.

Dealing with the Clan, Players, the Server, and the Server Hosts have put a lot of stress on me and I haven't had time to deal with it lately. When Keewii and I agreed to start [RIP], we agreed that we would have co-owners that would help pay for the server, so that it would be less stress on me the owner. Please understand this is not a bash on anyone. I totally understand that most of the co-owners are still in school, don't have jobs, can't get your parents permission, and just don't have the means to pay. I totally understand and am not upset by this. It's just hard for me to keep paying "almost" the full amount every month when I could have help. Again please understand this is not a guilt trip. I think the one thing that does upset me is the Server hosts. These people want to talk like they know what they are doing, but always manage to fuck something up. I would move us to a better host, but that would once again give us a new IP address, and I don't want to do that to y'all and all the members that have helped get our game mode, mods, and maps on the server. So I do not wish that pain on my fellow members and players once again.

So what's gonna happen to [RIP]? I know you are asking yourself this question while reading this long letter. I will still be around, whether by getting on the server, email, or other options. I don't want to see [RIP] demolished again, as I have said before this is my 5th [RIP] clan that I have been leader of. I would like to see this clan get handed to a respectful, yet strict leader who could pay for the server and be a great leader to fill my commander boots and make this server what I have envisioned for so long. I also would love to be able to get on the server when I had the time (still as an super admin of course Wink ) and game with all of you and have a great time doing so. But to my regret I don't have the option to be a owner/leader anymore. These are some of the requirements I would deem necessary in the next Owner/Leader of [RIP]:

1. Being able to pay for the server every month. This is probably the most important as I will not be paying for it starting next month. I will make sure the new owner gets all the info he needs to make payments or transfer it into his/her name. $39.70/month

2. Able to maintain a cool head when it comes to leadership, yet being strict enough when it comes to laying down the law.

3. Seeing that my vision of a realistic Zombie role play server be brought to the full intent of the word "realistic".

4. Being the age at least 15 and up. Sorry, but I honestly can't see someone being a leader and having all this responsibility without being at least 15.

Once I give the new person the title, he/she would have access to everything. Those include the forums, the server, the RCON password, and the server controls. This person would be the highest ranking person in this clan and what he/she says goes. He/she would still be able to ask me questions about the players/server anytime they need help. What I'm basically looking for is another me. Someone willing to continue using my thoughts and ideas toward making the server the ultimate "realistic" Zombie experience.

Y'all are my brothers and sisters in arms. Who stand beside in me in a type of trial against the Zombie Uprising! I would be honored to fight along side you in that horrific time.

God Bless and talk to y'all very soon,

Major StarKiller1979

Back to top Go down
https://resoluteinpunishment.forumotion.com
Major StarKiller1979
Admin
Admin
Major StarKiller1979

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:45 pm

I hadn't realize that y'all couldn't post a reply to my topic in the other forums, so I moved it here. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please reply with your thoughts and wishes. I love hearing your comments good or bad.
Back to top Go down
Templar66
Admin
Admin
Templar66

PostSubject: I will pay for the server   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Star i am willing to take over paying for the server i have a job so i can pay 40 a month this is my favort server and i don't want it shutting down My email is rifet@findlay.edu pleas email me with question and info on how i can began paying for it.
Back to top Go down
Kittens

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:38 am

Well this is very upsetting, and i'm incredibly sad to see you go Star. At the very least, I hope you can get on and play with us on occasion. Unfortunately, as much as i'm sure I could run this, I cannot afford to run it, due to me now running a separate community and server. I do wish i'd known beforehand that you paid that amount for the server; I could've got you a larger one at half the cost with more power and better service.

I hope RIP finds a buyer.

And good luck in future life, Star.
Back to top Go down
Hugh G. Wreckshon
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Hey guys;

So, Star, you're leaving, and you need a new owner. I am in no way suggesting myself, as there is no way I would be able to cough up $40 a month. I would, however, still appreciate a position as coder, seeing as how I made the entire gamemode as it is, and, if you haven't been on the server recently, I have added MadCow's weapons with fully working ammunition for each weapon.

I would also ask you not to change any passwords so I can continue maintaining the server (coding-wise), so there is no need for me to work up a frenzy trying to remember all sorts of new passwords.

I am also sad to see you leave, as it was fun while it lasted. I hope to still be able to see you and talk with you on Steam and on the server.

I believe we should have an event for you, held this Friday. You better be there, though! We need to give you a proper send off.

Thanks,

-Hugh
Back to top Go down
Major StarKiller1979
Admin
Admin
Major StarKiller1979

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:11 am

I'm sure that if Templar took over he would keep everything the same and just be in the leading seat now.
Back to top Go down
Sillykilla

PostSubject: D: D: D: D:   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:22 am

Well this is a kick in the ass it makes me sad in the pants and im sad nao D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DDD::DDDDD:D:D: Sad
Back to top Go down
Templar66
Admin
Admin
Templar66

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 am

Hugh lay your worries to rest i planed to let you code
Back to top Go down
Vertigan
Zombie
Zombie
Vertigan

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Awwww Starkiller. Im really really sad now Sad was fun playing with you though Very Happy And hope when you got time that you can come online and play with yarrrr old crew. ^_^
p.s we can do campaign for the lolz xD.

Back to top Go down
Eureka
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer
Eureka

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:57 am

well this is a major shock....i am very sad to see you leave the rip clan..very sad..indeed if this is what you need to do its not our desicion....i hope you could deni this descion and we could stay as your pets but unfortuneltly it wount happy.....i have loved to have you as our owner and i have loved being your pet it is fun and it gives me stuff to do when im bored. THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD TIMES!

EVERYONE CHEER FOR STAR!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
biggles

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 am

Man, this sucks. We had some great times on this server, no matter who is in charge. I was about done with the [RIP] server I launched, but now I think ill keep it up if the clan will still remain if we need more players. I definantly would not be able to pay over 15 dollars/m (the current for my server) due to my current income.

Back to top Go down
Templar66
Admin
Admin
Templar66

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:18 am

Hey biggles i'm paying for the server now the good times will a keep on rolling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?   Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major StarKiller is stepping down?!?!?
Page 1 of 1