Resolute in Punishment Zombie Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resolute in Punishment Zombie Roleplay

[RIP] Clan for Gmod

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New IP address: 69.127.132.41:27015 Now get in there and play!!!

Nice one on stealing my code

Go down 
+2
Add1995
Hugh G. Wreckshon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hugh G. Wreckshon
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

Nice one on stealing my code Empty
PostSubject: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 pm

Nice one on stealing my code, guys.

Since it is outdated, and I have a much better one running on the funserver, I will not take legal action.

I was expecting better of you. I thought that you, Templar, were mature. Clearly you are a twat.

Enjoy your server now.

-Hugh

(Because you nicked my code, the name is in the credits anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Promethe

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey sup

I have been reading some of the things you have posted, and Im quite curious. You see, "your" supposed code is actually not yours. You are simply an idiot who appears to pretend to have an understanding for how this system works. You see, the tools needed for coding, the tools needed for map design and any tool needed for general moding for valve games are free. There is a reason for that. Its because you cannot legally own anything you create. You may put yourself as the creator but do not actually own anything. Coding isnt difficult either, you act as if its a legendary task to right a script for something as simple as a ban program. Coding is easy, any monkey can do it. I hope you realize how stupid you have made yourself look. Have fun boasting about mediocrity.

Love,
TJ

The new coder
Back to top Go down
Add1995
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer
Add1995

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:45 pm

If this were Facebook, I would like that in an instant!
Back to top Go down
Hugh G. Wreckshon
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Alright, so since you are so smart, and any monkey can code, you are reduced to stealing mine?

Well, technically you are correct, that the gamemode is not mine; however, the script used to run the game is, and I own rights to that as my name is on the credits.

If sir, you are such a fantastic coder, you wouldn't be stealing my code, you'd be making your own.

I'll admit, that DarkRP is really easy to code, which is why most of my time I was developing a code of my own- my biggest project thus far.

Also, there is no need for the completely ad-hominem attacks you are throwing at me, as I have done nothing to you.

If any monkey can do it, how come people are spending ages getting PHDs in computer science, getting jobs, etc.

You, sir, are quite clearly not of sound mind. I have repeated that the ban program is NOT mine. I have complete understanding of all systems I have studied, and do not need an ape like you, possibly a stupid little 14 year old, telling me what I can and cannot do.

Coding is by no means easy- if you enjoy it, learning it is brilliant, as I found- I started teaching myself HTML at 13, and thus far have nearly mastered it, and recently have started learning more advanced scripts, such as CSS, or PHP.

DarkRP is easily editable. Definitely, as it's all there for you. I have simply claimed that I have edited it, and not made it myself, which is why it says Edited by: in the credits, not Created by.

You sir, are clearly an illiterate idiot, whom I shall not by wasting my time over, aside from this.

Tools needed for coding, as I have found, are normally on the internet, and I have a friend of a friend who has a father in a web design business who has helped me with CSS.

You need to think before you post something as simple minded as that.

Again, I would like to iterate that you would not be stealing MY code if you had known how to change little things in DarkRP.

I would also like to point out that I am now a professional, I work for a local software company. You are still living in your basement.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that it is the team that created DARKRP who own the script, not valve, you utter idiot.
Back to top Go down
Sillykilla

PostSubject: Hi   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:02 am

This Is Sillykilla co-owner i like hugh alot one of my close friends he has his up and downs im being honest here but he can code pretty good if i would running a server AND I might will he will be my coder Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Add1995
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer
Add1995

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:09 am

I, too like Hugh. He is a very talented Script-maker as far as I'm concerned ;P
Back to top Go down
Hugh G. Wreckshon
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Yes;

Gmod is not VALVe, it is by Team Garry.

Also, LUA scripting is by no means easy; no scripting is easy, it's experience that triumphs knowledge, as there will always be some aspect that is bugged, and de-bugging is the biggest trait of coding any language. Also, LUA is not limited to Garry's mod. It is used in a wide range of products. You, sir, are an idiot insinuating that everything is "there" for you.

I'm going on the university now to study computer science, and hopefully will be getting a PhD in it.

I hope you have realised how ignorant you have made yourself look, as it's embarrassing; you have confused gmod with VALVe, and then VALVe with the team that made darkRP.

I simply edited the scripts, so you can have custom jobs, cars, and specific items that can be purchased for every job.

It was extremely easy, and I was about to implement Cider, a more complex and advanced base, which would boost the server beyond any other zombie server; no other zombie server runs Cider, therefore the market would be wide open and you would have a full server nearly all of the time.

Lua can be very helpful when you know it; learning it off the internet since I was 14 helped a lot- I managed to create a calculator with lua to help me solve quadratic simultaneous equations, which were really bugging me in A-level maths.

Anyway, the 2 above posts really sum up how much of a "monkey" I am. I must be a really good one, then.

Enjoy learning how to code, I did, and I sure as hell did not insult anyone in the process. DarkRP is ridiculously easy to code, as it's actually very helpful, everything is there for you.

If you still have my code, keep it, as you probably don't even know where I put the credits, so you won't be able to delete it.

-Hugh

Last edited by Hugh G. Wreckshon on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Add1995
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer
Add1995

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Well, Hugh, since you still are part of the Funserver (I Think/Hope so) do you think you could add Cider?
Back to top Go down
Hugh G. Wreckshon
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 am

Here's the deal;

Cider requires an advanced SQL database to be created, which I do not (yet) know how to do. Since I know more about programming than my moron of a computing teacher, I will have to find this out on the internet.

It will be up as soon as I can figure out how to get it to work Smile

If all fails, I have a friend who has a parent who works in the London branch of Microsoft, who can probably help me.

Anyway, it'll be there at some point in the near future, possibly right after christmas.
Back to top Go down
bigglesworth
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer
bigglesworth

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:43 pm

someone get me prohpthes steam ID
Back to top Go down
http://email: bigglesworth94@gmail.com
Hugh G. Wreckshon
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 pm

May I ask why?
Back to top Go down
Major StarKiller1979
Admin
Admin
Major StarKiller1979

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:06 am

Hugh? You told me in the email that you sent me, that you had given them the code?
Back to top Go down
https://resoluteinpunishment.forumotion.com
Hugh G. Wreckshon
Zombie Killer
Zombie Killer

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:10 pm

I must have mis-phrased. I was about to let them have it, and then I received a barrage of personal insults from DeathByKittens, so I changed my decision.

I thought that it'd be easy enough for anyone here, as really you hardly need half a brain to figure out how to add jobs on DarkRP.
Back to top Go down
General. B Hobskins
Admin
Admin
General. B Hobskins

PostSubject: i want you back   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Well Hugh as you know me and silly want you back in coding our server and i might talk to Templar about it the thing is can we trust you not to come back fuck up the server on purpose and then just leave?
Back to top Go down
Hugh

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Well, I have already been told by Silly that I would need to get back here, and that he would "get" Templar.

Also, nothing that was "fucked up" was my fault. It was purely due to the fact that when Death deleted my code he deleted fragments of it, not the whole thing, then put it back up once my head was turned. None of the "fuckings" were due to me Smile

Which is more than can be said after what you did to the Funserver, trololol Smile Jk, it was an accident. Just don't mess about with proplimits anymore!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice one on stealing my code   Nice one on stealing my code I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice one on stealing my code
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Resolute in Punishment Zombie Roleplay :: General Discussion :: General Chat-
Jump to: